LAST UPDATED: March 25, 2019
1. What sort of information does Forager collect?
Information we collect directly from you:
- Registration information. You need an account to list and sell your products on Forager. When you sign up as a producer on Forager, we ask that you provide your business’s name, address, a website (if applicable), and an email address and phone number to allow you to receive notifications from the Forager application.
- Product information and pricing. When you list a product on Forager, you provide the product’s name, description, availability, whether it’s sold in bulk, and one or more prices. You will update some or all of this information repeatedly during your use of the platform.
- Banking information. If you decide to be paid by EFT, we collect your banking information (name on account, type of account, routing number, and account number), and store this information encrypted and hashed.
- Other information you intentionally share. If you elect to provide a testimonial or serve as a reference account we will collect the information that you provide. Any information you provide as part of your profile is also stored.
Information you share when you interact with us
- Order history. Products purchased and delivered are recorded.
- In-app communication. Any comments or notifications sent over the Forager application are collected.
- Data gathered through cookies. Cookies help to preserve your login information. We use Google Analytics to gather information on your browser type, device type, and IP address.
2. How do we use this information?
To provide you with services
- Customer service. When you encounter an issue, have a problem with an order, or have any other questions about Forager, we use your contact information to get in touch with you. We also make use of the information that we collect to troubleshoot any issues you encounter.
- Payments. For EFT customers, we transmit encrypted banking information to our payment processor to issue credits for orders fulfilled.
- Analytics. We generate reporting and insights from your and others users’ usage histories. We NEVER identify the specific user(s) that compose the source of any of our analytics products
- Matchmaking. Forager may use your information to evaluate whether you would be interested in meeting specific buyers if you have specifically ‘opted in’ for such a matchmaking service. If you have consented, we may share detailed information about you as part of this service
To manage our services
- To improve our application and services. We collect and analyze user data for internal reporting, bug monitoring, and to understand how people use our services. We use this information to keep our platform operational and for service improvement, research, and development.
3. When would we share your information and how would we share it?
- When you request it. Should you request a copy of your data, we will deliver it via email.
- Reporting for your customers. We provide data to your buyers about your relationship on the platform such as order history and products and availability. We will NEVER provide your default pricing to a buyer for whom you have set specific pricing or show a buyer your pricing for any other buyer.
- To third parties. We provide anonymized and aggregated data to agricultural organizations, policy advocates and governmental organizations, and other associations working to grow the local food economy.
- To comply with laws or law enforcement.
4. How is your data secured?
Forager uses a variety of best-in-industry security measures to preserve your data. While Forager’s specific security practices are confidential, you can learn more by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions.
Any activity over the internet carries some risk, so ensuring that you are the only one with access to your Forager-connected device(s) is an essential piece of maintaining data security. Forager periodically monitors all accounts for unusual activity and unauthorized access.
5. Policy Changes